Pages

Thursday, 26 March 2009

Thought for the Day.

Here's something to think about recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visitsand exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 60.)A little concerned about that comment,I couldn't resist asking him,'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?''Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!''Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf,sailing, hiking, or bicycling?''No, I don't,' I said.He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, play rock and roll,or have a lot of sex?' 'No,' I said.He looked at me and said,... 'Then, why do you even give a shit?
 
Sent in by Eff, from Alaska.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

The doctor gave good advice if you ask me,live life as though today will be your last day,do the things you have allways wanted to do and stop worrying about your kids,they are grown up now and will make it.As we get older life is a magical journey that we have the time to do,what ever your age get of your butt and get out there where life is.

yvonneh said...

oooooh Eff!!!!!

Del said...

My own witch doctor asked me if I'd like to quit smoking? I replied, no, on the grounds that, at my age, it was the only vice that I had left to enjoy. Apart from which, I've outlived at least four other medics who asked me the same question. Del.