Pages

Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Jim Davis A proud Father sent this in.


Recently I was talking to my son Jim,and he pointed out that he was a Cuckooite having lived on the estate in the first year of his life, and he was also born in Perivale Maternity Hospital. This was something I had overlooked. Anyway I thought some folks might like to see how he looks today, it is funny though I still look on him as my Kid, and I have to stop myself sometimes when I go to talk to him as if he is still a Child. When you think of his humble background, it is no mean feat what he has accomplished in his lifetime so far. I am sure some of the thing I learned whilst growing up on the cuckoo must have rubbed off on him. I hope it has been a help,and I like to think it has.

6 comments:

Val B said...

You have every right to be proud of your son. It is no mean achievement to get to where he is today but I am sure you had a lot of input too Jim. Well done.

Val B said...

PS. Doesn't he look like you!

jim davis said...

Thankyou Val B but no I am better looking than he.

yvonneh said...

you have to be joking Jim, he is your double except younger, and with a brain, that must be from his mum, Seriously, and that doesnt happen very often from me, you really must be proud of him. I got a certificate once for kissing the Blarney stone, except when I got up there, there was no way any man was going to dangle me upside down from the parapet, to kiss some stone, I asked him if he checked everyone to make sure they didnt have some disease before they kissed it. He moved me along quite quickly saying to his mate, jaysus paddy this ones trouble shes so full of blarney she doesnt need to kiss the stone, but I still got my signed certificate. good eh.
WELL DONE DR DAVIS

Maureen S said...

Jim you must be very proud.

jim davis said...

Yes I am proud of him Maureen and Yvonne. But the most important thing for me, is not what he has done great though that is. It's the person that he is.