Pages

Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Fw: Angels Among Us?


ANGELS AMONG US?
 
Angels among us?
Do you think there are any?
Do you know or have known someone who you think may be one?
 
Perhaps it was a neighbour on the Cuckoo Estate that you knew, or a someone who was not well known but quietly went about his or her life caring for someone, always doing good, perhaps in doing so denying themselves some simple pleasures and putting the well being of others before them.
 
I'm not talking necessarily about Mother Theresa or other great and well known people, I think I mean wonderful and caring folk like Doctor Lasnick, their may be others who are on the verge on Sainthood, but I'm talking about the everyday, common or garden variety. Although sadly, I don't think they are too common, in fact they may be kind of rare. And I don't mean the one that may be sitting on your shoulder that we can't see.
 
Do you know someone who volunteers there spare time, like George Key and his wife who deliver meals on wheels. Or our Val Bailey who gives up her time to organise her Blind Bowlers' Group?
There are others, who do there bit, to keep us Cuckooites happy, myself not included, I think you know who I mean by now, and I may not have mentioned everyone by name that we know here.
There are I'm sure others, so would you like to tell their story for them, they are probably too modest to talk about themselves?
 
Perhaps you have a relative who looks after a brother who is severely disabled, or they work in hospital or they are veterinarians who volunteer a local animal shelter.
Maybe you know someone who prefers to stay private and avoid the limelight, but busily goes about their dutiful task, possibly unnoticed.
Or maybe you have a son or daughter in the armed forces who are serving their country in some awful war zone?
 
We may all have different views on what an "Angel" is.
Maybe we can't see their wings, maybe in your opinion,  it's someone who you will see or hear at the Cuckooite reunion? 
 
I'm not one, and I'm not sure if you are, although I think we all may all have the potential to be one at times, but we often shy away, saying we are too busy, or offering ourselves some other lame excuse.
 
Some people truly believe they exist, do you?
Perhaps someone really close to you is one?
 
If you know someone who you think deserves a mention, a child, an adult, or someone from your past that you once knew, whoever it may be we would love to hear about them.
 
Why not tell us about them? 
And thank them and give them a pat on the back for all that they do, 
right here, right now on this site.
 
Cheers everyone!
 
 



10 comments:

jim davis said...

This is a good idea Tom, I would not expect too many people off the cuckoo to qualify as angels, but there must be some, maybe more than I think.

Paul Holt said...

Is it true Angels are just fallen Devils? If so, I would like to nominate my big sister who when we were young would protect me from being pushed in the Brent by bullies......................................... then push me in herself. At least she had to fish me out again or she'd have got a clip round the ear from Mum and Dad.

jim davis said...

Hello Paul it is nice to hear from you. Boy I bet Yvone is sweating buckets incase you give away too many of her secrets. Please do that, and I will be quite happy if you make some of them up. Tell us more about yourself and your family when you get a chance.

yvonneh said...

Hello Paul, take no notice of Jim he is a stirrer, and I will be watching carefully what you say about me, I wish I hadn't bought you the cuckooite book now as you will start taking liberties. I would be careful now Jim My bruv is a black belt.

Paul Holt said...

Hi Jim, Hi Sis,

Nothing much to say. I'm just Yvonne, Brian, Joan and Gerald's little brother.

Yvonne, you have nothing to worry about. You are so much older than me I missed most of it. :-)

yvonneh said...

Cheeky little bu----.Thats all the thanks I get for stopping you being bullied, you are not JUST my little brother, you are a Holt be proud of that and also a cuckooite with lots of memories of people like Dr Lasnick and I am sure you remember JohnB who lived next to the Fields whos garden backed on to ours. Our tale only goes so far, but you are the next important stage in keeping the history of the estate alive. I for one welcome the younger members of the estate. Perhaps you can go back on the site and identify some of the people in upfield road who were on the outing with you, in the photo.

Paul Holt said...

I am proud of my heritage and my older siblings, even the one I never met.I remember Dr Laznick but he had moved on and my doctor was Dr Simons (can't remember how he spelled his name)who occasionally had Dr Laznick stand in for him. I remember the outings but I was very young so I'm not sure I could put names to faces.

Paul Holt said...

Anyway, I nominate you as an Angel and you call me a Cheeky little bu........

Sigh!............

jim davis said...

A friend of mine the other day whilst talking about his wife said. " You know my wife is an Angel.' I replied "Mine isn't she is still with me"

JohnB said...

What no Angels?

They must all be in that garden scrumping for apples again.